(no subject)

Subject: (no subject)
From: Matt and Melisha (mmpeirsel@gci.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 11:51:43 AKST

I'm rather new to the whole linux thing and basically in the experimental
stage of learning the OS, i'm running Red Hat Linux 8.0 and i know that
automatically assumes a 33Mhz bus speed, however I'm trying to change it to
the 66 Mhz bus speed. I know where in Linux to specify this(
/boot/grub/menu.lst ) and i think I know what line to modify, but when it
was taught to me the kernel line ended after LABEL=/ .
However, mine reads like:

kernel /boot/vmlinux-2.4.18-14 ro root = LABEL=/ hdc = ide-scsi

when i was shown how to do this " idebus = 66 ' was the line ended after
LABEL=/

but when I removed the "hdc = ide-scsi" and replaced it with "idebus = 66"
my linux box wouldn't boot and I had to do an reinstall, which consequently
wasn't that big of a deal since I am experimenting. However, i would like
to get this cleared up and set my bus speed at 66 Mhz.

Please help if you can

Matt