Re: DC powered AT/ATX computer power supplies

Subject: Re: DC powered AT/ATX computer power supplies
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 23:22:39 AKST

A simple solution also is just get a power inverter. The one I have is
350W max, (250-200W nominal) so it's not enough to run my desktop, but
it runs my laptop just fine. They also make larger ones. The one I
have has both a car adapter plug and also alligator clips to connect
directly to a 12V battery.

These might be a lot less efficient than what you are talking about, but
they can also be used for anything else you might want to plug in..

Justin