tripwire and samba question?

Subject: tripwire and samba question?
From: Don Leeper (dleeper@mckinleycapital.com)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 22:37:48 AKST

I was hoping someone could give me some input on tripwire? I have redhat
servers that do IDS, DNS, and webserver. What would you do as far as
tripwire goes? Should I run it on all of them? Just the dns and webserver?
Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

I was also having problems getting samba going. My goal is for my
workstation to be a redhat box but I can't get it to work correctly. I would
like to be able to browse the network on my redhat box. Does anyone have any
straight for procedures you have used to set this up? I don't want to have
to have the passwords stored on the local machine. I would like it to just
use the domain passwords. Seems to work a little. I can hit a share on the
redhat workstation if I put my password on the local machine as well.
Defeats the purpose...I can't hit anything from the redhat box. Can only
ping by IP, not netbios name. Please give me your thoughts.

Donnie