RE: wireless event

Subject: RE: wireless event
From: Sean Closson (sclosson@MDGI.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 08:14:00 AKST

We used the Bear Tooth Theatre for our HackFest event. It'll =
accommodate 200 people, nice open air area (we used an AP tuned down to =
1mW and still picked it up strong from the back) and tables for laptops =
and note takers in the audience. Not much for available power outlets =
(used several extension cords), but a presentation looked great on a 100 =
foot screen! Lighting is too dim; I'd suggest bringing some of your own =
lighting if you could.
They didn't have Internet access they could let us use, but if someone =
close by would let you bridge to their connection that might be a =
possibility.

Sean Closson
MCSE / MCDBA / GSEC / CISSP
Director of Project Engineering