Re: Sharing files between a Linux and Windows PC.

Subject: Re: Sharing files between a Linux and Windows PC.
From: Chris Hamilton (chris@digitalalaska.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 14:35:23 AKST

I use this to mount windows shares

mount -t smbfs -o username=chris,password=youwish
//windowsmachinename/sharename /windowsdesktop

You could also substitute //windowsmachinename with its IP address. Then
the only thing you would need to do is create a directory on your slack box
called windowsdesktop

I created a startup script that runs at bootup that mounts the windows
share.

I think if you type the word smbmount at the prompt you will get some info
about the command above.

Chris.