Sharing files between a Linux and Windows PC.

Subject: Sharing files between a Linux and Windows PC.
From: Tyshall ? (z_i_m@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 14:18:27 AKST

I have a large collection of mp3s and I would like to be able to send select
files back and forth between my Windows desktop (which has a cd burner) and
my Slackware driven laptop. I'm assuming I'll have to mount the filesystem
from a terminal but have no idea how to go about this. I have a 3com
Megahertz 56k+lan pcmcia card that I use to connect to the internet by way
of dial up on my laptop. I have connected the lan dongle to the laptop's
card and plugged the included cable into both the windows pc and laptop. I
am assuming I'll have to edit /etc/fstab and I'll probably want to make a
special mount directory for the windows hd under /mnt/desktop or somthing to
that effect... Not really sure where to go from there. I don't know
exactly WHAT I'll be adding to my fstab or even if that is neccesary...

Thanks.