Re: openoffice instruction

Subject: Re: openoffice instruction
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 11:28:49 AKST

Greetings Lee, I don't know if I can help or not. I am in the midst
of "encouraging" the staff at the Mabel T. Caverly Senior Center
(mtc) to use OpenOffice (OO). I have not personally investigated all
the nooks and crannies of "Writer" (I think it is called), but I
have had good experiences with it. I also have had good experiences
with "Calc" (I think), the spread sheet module. I am working on
finding out OO's capabilities as far as its pseudo data base engine.
It works with the mtc address label files prepared in Word 97, but I
don't yet how to perform the maintance and sort functions.

fgd

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska