Re: Gnome vs KDE

Subject: Re: Gnome vs KDE
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 10:46:42 AKDT

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 09:12, Michael Gillson wrote:

> I just installed RedHat 8 in a dual environment on a Toshiba Satellite
> LapTop. Everything went well. I installed KDE but I wonder
> what other people like/dislike about the Gnome or KDE.

I think Redhat 8.0 does away with which the 'which one is better'
dialog. The default desktop is Bluecurve from which you can run whatever
applications you want, i.e. GTK or QT based. If you install both KDE &
Gnome you can switch from KDE to Gnome and there is no visable
difference on the desktop.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.