RE: aklug Digest V1 #171

Subject: RE: aklug Digest V1 #171
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 09:47:13 AKDT

I haven't found anyone yet that DISLIKES either one very much. There are
many that prefer KDE because of the near windows experience a person can
get.

RedHat 8.0 has changed that a little with BlueCurve. They sort of took away
the main differences between the two so that picking one over the other
resultes in a very similar look.

This has caused some grumbling among some of the "purists", however, they
didn't limit your ability to make a "pure" KDE or Gnome environment...just
minimized some of the initial choices. I find this helpful.

Mike