Re: Digital Darkroom under Linux

Subject: Re: Digital Darkroom under Linux
From: Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@woods.net)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 19:49:22 AKDT

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, i_robot wrote:

> I do alot of photoediting with Linux, but nothing to offer. I just use my
> Elf (Canon S100) and the gimp, though, I haven't heard of Gimp Hollywood....
>
> Adam.

Gimp-Hollywood is a split off of the main gimp project based on an
older gimp release. It supports full 48bit (16bit for each of RGB
instead of 8bit per) but its focus is on motion picture rather than
photo.

More than a few studios use it for frame by grame edits on 48bit color
digital masters for motion pics.

Have you managed to figure out how to automagicly apply a color
correction profile for you S100? I like the little thing, but the raw
output often needs tweaking.

--
I route, therefore you are.