Re: PHP problem

Subject: Re: PHP problem
From: Joshua Walton (joshua@conflux.org)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 15:12:38 AKDT

Hi again,

You might want to try using strlen($var_name) to see if they are the
same length. If they aren't then you can use substr to shorten the
string.

$var = "abcdefg";
substr($var, 3); // outputs "defg"
substr($var, 2, 3); // outputs "cde"

You might also just need rtrim($text) which is like chomp in Perl.

Hope this helps.

-joshua