Re: IT Expo In Wasilla Jan 31 - Feb 1

Subject: Re: IT Expo In Wasilla Jan 31 - Feb 1
From: Tim Johnson (tim@johnsons-web.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 18:41:44 AKDT

* Justin Dieters <enderak@gci.net> [021008 18:09]:
> Lots of people walking by - most of them not specifically there for the
> Expo, so it was a bit more of a non-technical crowd, but the Linux demo
> CD's (SuSE and DemoLinux) went pretty well - lots of people interested
> to find out there is more out there than Windows and Mac and wanted to
> give it a try - or just wanted a CD because it was free, i'm not sure :)

  In the last year, I'm seeing more people who are not computer enthusiasts
  first, but business people first inquiring about Linux. Because
  of the tightening economy, and perhaps just osmosis - I had never
  expected Linux to be a Desktop for the masses, but I just
  might be wrong.

  I had a client over for a consult regarding Web Design the other
  week, and the first thing he asked about was linux .....

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
      http://www.johnsons-web.com