Re: Belkin KVMs & LINUX

Subject: Re: Belkin KVMs & LINUX
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 18:17:21 AKDT

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Peter Q. Olsson wrote:

> Bob-
>
> Not sure how to interpret beserk. We have a few belkin KVMs of the 16 port and 4
> port variety. Occasionally, the mouse seems to get "lost" when switching from
> W2k -> RH7.x. This is solved (as recommended in the Belkin docs) by plugging
> and unplugging the mouse- kind of a microsoft-style solution. No- I guess the
> microsoft solution would be to reboot... :^)
>
> Also we have had the problem in W2k of the mouse seeming to randomly and
> rapidly switch focus for one window to the next even when the mouse is not being
> touched. We have always assumed that this was a "feature" of Dell's version of
> W2k we run on a NAS device.

I've had this problem on a pair of FreeBSD boxes, but I didn't investigate
it very hard because they're mainly servers and I can live without X on
them.

I haven't tried unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in again, but
I'll give it a shot. I didn't think that was safe to do with PS/2 mice
though--is it?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax