Re: Samba training tonight

Subject: Re: Samba training tonight
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 13:45:35 AKDT

Speaking of Samba, this showed up on Slashdot today - an interview with
Andrew Tridgell (Samba creator)

http://afr.com/it/2002/10/01/FFXDF43AP6D.html

This was pretty funny, I thought:

---

Tridgell says that he recently discovered a certain combination of data which, when sent down the wire to a Windows server, rebooted it. "Every NT server just completely rebooted. We decided not to emulate that. We contact Microsoft about these bugs, and we get back emails saying, 'Have you got your computer switched on? Are you sure you've got all the latest patches?' Of course, you idiot! Just put me through to someone who knows what they're doing," he says.

---

Justin