RE: Mail users, User Unknown???

Subject: RE: Mail users, User Unknown???
From: James Zuelow (jamesz@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 13:04:53 AKDT

Is the user really "Elinay" or is it "elinay"?

If you use a capital letter in a user name, most MTAs will not be able to
deliver mail to that user. They will set everything to lower case. Then
when they try to deliver mail, there is no user by that name so it gets
rejected.

One possibility that got me a long time ago. I set up user "James" and
broke my mail.

HTH,

James