RE: Win2k Samba Domain Logon

Subject: RE: Win2k Samba Domain Logon
From: Mark-Nathaniel Weisman (mark@outlander.us)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 09:39:34 AKDT

Brian,
  My immediate thought is one of two. Firstly, the user that you have
setup on the Samba box is not configured on the Win2K box with
permissions to "Login from any". This is done on the properties page for
each user, on the Win2K box. The second consideration I would have would
be the deployment of the proper syntax for authentication. Win2K uses an
LDAP based format, so the request from the Samba box must match that
format. If you are using Winbindd, the directive is about half way
through the .conf file, (I can't remember the actual directive).=20

His humble servant,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President
Outland Domain Group Consulting