Re: Mandrake 9.0 Released

Subject: Re: Mandrake 9.0 Released
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 09:20:41 AKDT

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Justin Dieters wrote:

> So... is 8.0 available for download yet? It was officially announced at
> 4:02am Alaska time.. :)

Heheh... I actually thought about staying up to do it, but I was way too
tired. :-)

It's open now of course. I had initially limited it to 30 max
simultaneous connections (globally, not per-host), but decided to up that
to 50. In something like 10 seconds it hit the limit! It's now at 75,
but unfortunately it looked like there were lots of people who were trying
to download all the isos in parallel, so I also set a per-host limit of 3
max connections. That, and also dropping the idle timeout a little should
allow many more people in.

Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax