Re: Mounting ntfs

Subject: Re: Mounting ntfs
bthundereagle@aidea.org
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 09:17:05 AKDT

Well, from my experiance in dealing with ntfs in RedHat 7.2:

     You have to recompile the kernel with tffs support, which actually is very
easy however I won't go through it right now (only if you need to know.)
Typically this is compiled directly into the kernel so pretty much the only way
I know of to test if it is already supported is to "mount -t ntfs" on your
drive. After ntfs file support is installed, it has always been very easy to
setup automounts with Webmin at system startup.

     Brian ThunderEagle
     - bthundereagle@aidea.org
     - furbs@swjedi.net
     - http://www.swjedi.net