Re: Mounting ntfs

Subject: Re: Mounting ntfs
From: Jim (jwadell@gci.net)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 07:51:12 AKDT

Adam Elkins wrote:

> Ok, I'm dualing WinXP and Slack. xp is on hda and hda1, so, to mount thes=
> e, I=20
> would do 'mount -t nfs /dev/hda /mnt/windows' right?
> I get an error saying 'directory to mount not in host:dir format'
> I cant see why it;s not....
>
> adam

Hi Adam,

You are trying to mount a Network File System file system with this command.
you should try

mount -t vfat /dev/hda /mnt/windows (if you are using fat), or ntfs (I think,
check the man page) if it is ntfs. Note that last time I looked, the ntfs
stuff was experimental (read, scramble your files) and read-only

Jim