Re: Samba date problem

Subject: Re: Samba date problem
From: Jim Dory (jdory@gci.net)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 09:00:06 AKDT

Mike Barsalou wrote:

>What version of samba are you using...RedHat 6.2 implies 2.0.7 .... I know
>this was an issue.
>
>Have you considered upgrading to 2.2.5? I believe that is the latest
>release of Samba.
>
>Is this a production environment? If so, there are a few changes that would
>affect an upgrade from 2.0.7 to the newer versions...so read, read, read,
>before you upgrade.
>
>Mike

When I do smbstatus I get 2.0.9. It is on one of the Cobalt Raqs at
work. Looks like I've got 2.2.4 compiled because it is in my home
directory but I must not have gotten it installed or installed properly.
Don't remember doing it so I don't know if I ran into a problem or what.

There's only a couple of us using it at present, but I imagine they
wouldn't want to lose their stuff for very long, if something screwed
up. I'll keep looking into it, and thanks for a clue.

Cheers, Jim