Re: APM or GPM or whatever keeps shutting off my monitor

Subject: Re: APM or GPM or whatever keeps shutting off my monitor
From: James Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 22:19:40 AKDT

Are you using a gui desktop? Gnome's screensaver has a setting to shut
down the monitor, I don't currently have KDE set up on anything here,
but seem to recall it would do that too. Seems to use DPMS, so I believe
it would be a command sent out by the screensaver, not a process in
itself that could be shut-down.

Jim

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 20:59, Jon Reynolds wrote:

> I am using rh7.3 and have shutdown everything that I could find that has
> to do with power management, but my monitor still keeps going to sleep.
> I have been into the BIOS and shut everything down in there also, is
> there something else it could be? I have gone to a terminal and typed in
> 'setup' and went to services and shutdown anything that had to do with
> power management, yet my monitor still blinks off, is there something
> else? I see a process in 'ps ax' called 'kapmd' its pid is 3. I tried to
> locate it no luck and tried to kill -9 it still no love.
>
> Jon

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part