APM or GPM or whatever keeps shutting off my monitor

Subject: APM or GPM or whatever keeps shutting off my monitor
From: Jon Reynolds (jonr@destar.net)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 20:59:04 AKDT

I am using rh7.3 and have shutdown everything that I could find that has
to do with power management, but my monitor still keeps going to sleep.
I have been into the BIOS and shut everything down in there also, is
there something else it could be? I have gone to a terminal and typed in
'setup' and went to services and shutdown anything that had to do with
power management, yet my monitor still blinks off, is there something
else? I see a process in 'ps ax' called 'kapmd' its pid is 3. I tried to
locate it no luck and tried to kill -9 it still no love.

Jon