Re: Sound Setup Loops

Subject: Re: Sound Setup Loops
bryan@ak.net
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 14:41:14 AKDT

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 02:09:01PM -0800, Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net> wrote:

> RH7.3 HP zt1135 laptop when I run /usr/sbin/setup and run the snd
> configurator it detects the sndcard AC97, but when it goes to play the
> sample sound it only says "hello,hello,hello....." and continues to loop
> on this. If the arts or esd drivers are loaded I get no sound when I
> kill them and run the setup that is when it loops. How do I troubleshoot
> this what do I look at to tell me why it is doing this?

It sounds to me like an IRQ error. Maybe the sound card is not
being detected quite right. I'm not familiar with redhat's setup
tools. Do you know your card's IRQ and other info? If so, maybe
you can set them manually.

Anyone know redhat's sound config better than I do?

--
Bryan Medsker
bryan@ak.net