RE: stock options to be counted as expenses ?

Subject: RE: stock options to be counted as expenses ?
From: Mark-Nathaniel Weisman (mark@outlander.us)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 22:40:32 AKDT

Stanley,
  I see this as a big set-back when it comes to the "upstarts" trying to
compete against the GIANTS. Smaller companies are going to be a lot more
hesitant before throwing this "benny" out to prospective employees. The
other huge effect will be in the "non-profit" arena where this is all
they got to play with, keeping under the IRS standards.

  On the other side of the coin, technology based organizations will
have to be able to "cut-costs" somewhere, and I interpret that to mean
that we are going to buy a $29.99 unlimited users network OS, instead of
a $900 5 user network. As the company gets larger we are going to need
less expensive OS's to power them. I guess it could have beneficial side
effects as well.

His humble servant,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President