Re: Output Load Threshold Exceeded on Agent

Subject: Re: Output Load Threshold Exceeded on Agent
From: Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@woods.net)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 08:04:25 AKDT

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Mike Barsalou wrote:

> Anyone recognize what causes this? I don't get them very often, but haven't
> been able to find anything on the APC site that explains it better.
>
> Mike

> PowerChute Business Edition has detected the following event:
> Output Load Threshold Exceeded on Agent

It means that the output load of the device(s) exceeds one of two
things.

1) The output rating of the APC.

2) A pre-defined load setting. (Rarely used, mainly for older
SmartUPS rigs. For servers with shutdown times longer than runtime
after a low-batt warning you could define a load threshold. Below
this threshold it would run normally with times or low batt shutdown.
Above this threshold it would start shutting down *NOW*)

My guess is 1, the UPS is overloaded and powerchute is reporting this.

--
I route, therefore you are.