Re: kernel 2.4.18 with suse 8.0)

Subject: Re: kernel 2.4.18 with suse 8.0)
From: W.D.McKinney (deem@wdm.com)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 20:26:10 AKDT

1st.
Subscribe to suse-linux-e@suse.com for suse specific help.
Real time experts on the SuSE distro there.

2nd.

I have more than one SuSE 8.0 Professional install working great with stock kernels.
This laptop with :

 # cat /etc/lilo.conf
boot = /dev/hda
change-rules
reset
read-only
menu-scheme = Wg:kw:Wg:Wg
lba32
prompt
timeout = 80
message = /boot/message

  image = /boot/vmlinuz
  label = linux
  root = /dev/hda6
  vga = 791
  initrd = /boot/initrd
  append = " hdc=ide-scsi"

and my SCSI-3 based workstation.
I have a SuSE 8.0 install running with the stock kernel on a 'minimal' laptop
also. My oldest son has SuSE 8.0 Pro on his dual boot machine with the stock kernel also.

I run Plextor only CD-R drives for burning, and SCSI-3 Plextor CD's for serving up the source.
There is *no* issue with the stock kernel and my Plextor's.
Not sure what your problem really is though.

Regards,
Dee

--
W.D.McKinney (Dee)