Re: Unreal

Subject: Re: Unreal
From: Michael Fowler (michael@shoebox.net)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 14:15:52 AKDT

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 01:21:06AM -0800, Adam Elkins wrote:
> Ok, I seemed to have fixed the 'Entry' problem. I had to edit the .ini
> file, and adjust the paths. It had 'path=../System' and it should have
> been 'path=/usr/local/games/ut/System'
> So it found the 'Entry' map and stopped complaining about it. NOw I get
> this:

I assume you meant something like Paths=../System/*.u. If that's not the
case, paste what paths you had.

You should have Paths lines that read that way. The ones I have in my
UnrealTournament.ini are:

    Paths=..\System\*.u
    Paths=..\Maps\*.unr
    Paths=..\Textures\*.utx
    Paths=..\Sounds\*.uax
    Paths=..\Music\*.umx

These paths are all relative to the directory specified in
~/.loki/ut/install_dir.

[snip]
> Log: LoadMap: Entry
> Exit: Exiting.
> Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
> Uninitialized: Allocation checking disabled
> Uninitialized: Log file closed, Sat Aug 31 01:15:51 2002
>
> Everything looks good to me, but it decides to Exit. Not sure why.

Me neither. The log file ~/.loki/ut/System/UnrealTournament.log may have
more information for you. Check that and get back to us.

Michael

--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com