Re: a few questions.

Subject: Re: a few questions.
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 16:58:42 AKDT

On RH 7.3 Redhat has a tool they have supplied called 'netconf' (Network
configurator). I have changed my menus around so I can't tell you what
it's called in the menus, but you can run it from the command line in a
terminal window (it requires X to run).

You should be able to set up RH's firewalling tools there. You may also
be able to fix your DNS/DHCP problem there. If you set your networkcard
to get it's IP via DHCP, it should also set-up DNS.

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 14:52, James Raynor wrote:

> What do I do about anti virus and firewall software? Any suggestions?
> Also, I have a strange need to have things very neat on my desktop.
> The Gnome panel had a foot that is the start menu, along with some
> other quicklaunch items in the lower left hand corner. I can move the
> quicklaunch items around fine, but I cannot move the start icon, does
> anyone know what I am talking about? If so, please help me be neat.

Jim Gribbin
Anchorage Jewelry Supply
700 W Fireweed Lane
Anchorage, AK  99503

Phone (907) 277-7338 Fax (907) 277-7339

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part