Re: MTA listed as a SPAMMER by spamcop.net

Subject: Re: MTA listed as a SPAMMER by spamcop.net
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 13:03:41 AKDT

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Tom wrote:

> I've basically ignored this, except as a curiosity, because although I'm
> on MTA's DSL, I have my mail server hosted at GCI. Then, I read Mike's
> reply. My server name is Goliath... So, I check for formmail.pl, and don't
> find it anywhere. Since I'm still wondering if it decided to append my
> mtaonline.net DSL ID to the goliath server name, I check further...
>
> What's the chances of having *two* mail servers named Goliath up here?
> MTA's mail server is apparently named Goliath, too... At least, pinging
> goliath.mtaonline.net comes back with 12.6.42.1, which is also aliased to
> mail.mtaonline.net...

Don't worry about it--the "Goliath" in this case exists in the Spamcop
blacklist by it's IP address (12.6.42.1). Since that's not your server's
address you've got nothing to worry about.

Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax