Re: PPProblem

Subject: Re: PPProblem
From: Christopher Swingley (cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 10:34:34 AKDT

> I have a dial-up account w/ UAA, whereby I dial into a model pool and
> start a ppp connection. (I am using kppp, RH 7.0, but would guess
> this is a more low level problem.)
>
> In /var/log/messages I get the following :
>
> pppd[1423]: peer is not authorized to use remote address
> 137.229.98.66

You might see what happens when you add 'noauth' to ~/.ppprc, or
to /etc/ppp/options. If this is the case, I suspect it *is* a kppp
problem. I use the Debian 'pon' and 'poff' commands without a hitch
(and with 'auth' in /etc/ppp/options), but one of my users needs
'noauth' to make kppp work.

> Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

No idea. . .

Chris

--
Christopher S. Swingley           phone: 907-474-2689
IS Professional, Level 4          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu