Starting X apps from cron

Subject: Starting X apps from cron
From: Christopher Swingley (cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 09:11:53 AKDT

Greetings,

This morning I set up a Linux box to act as a terminal / Mozilla
client for a group of visiting scientists. In the past when I've
done this, they always seem to close the terminal windows when they
are done, leaving the next person without a window. I've added some
keybindings to make creating new terminals easy, but I'm wondering
if it's possible to run a cron job that looks for the presence of an
xterm and / or mozilla, and if none is running, starts one up.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Chris

--
Christopher S. Swingley           phone: 907-474-2689
IS Professional, Level 4          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu