RE: .wpd Apps ???

Subject: RE: .wpd Apps ???
From: James Zuelow (jamesz@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 16:21:00 AKDT

Should be able to. Word Perfect 6 could save to Microsoft Word 6 format, so
you should at least be able to back off to Word 6 format, which is also more
or less the same as Word 7 (Office 95) format. As long as there's not too
much fancy formatting going on, the conversion should be OK. This would be
a problem anyway, since MS Word 9 (Office 2000) can only open WordPerfect 5
or 6 documents - so you might lose features regardless of how you do it,
depending on which WordPerfect versions AbiWord can open.

Sigh. Ain't proprietary document formats just fun?

Cheers,

James