Re: raw -> iso?

Subject: Re: raw -> iso?
From: David J. Weller-Fahy (largely@innocent.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 21:24:01 AKDT

* Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net> [2002-07-28 20:56]:
> They are the same, at least in the Debian world. In Debian .raw is used
> to denote ( as the name may imply) a pre-release/preview image etc.
> while .iso is reserved for 'official' releases. I made this up from what
> I have gleaned from various Debian lists, any inaccuracies are mine :)
> If a burning app can't ell the difference just rename the file .raw >
> .iso.

I remember reading somewhere about a cd-writing program which used the
raw extension to represent a cd-image with recalculated ECC, and iso as
a cd-image that used the original ECC. Of course, I can't find it now.
;]

Here's a few related links I found while looking, though.

http://www.cdrfaq.org
http://www.ee.washington.edu/conselec/CE/kuhn/cdmulti/95x7/iec908.htm

Regards,

  Dave