RE: lost drive in fBSD now!!!

Subject: RE: lost drive in fBSD now!!!
From: James Zuelow (jamesz@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 08:55:18 AKDT

I don't have a fBSD box here to experiment on, but IIRC a Linux hdb5 should
appear on a fBSD box as wd1s4a. ('wd1' being the second drive, 's4' being
the extended partition, and 'a' being the first logical partition inside it.
If that doesn't work, try wd1s3a, etc.) Remember to specifically mount it
as an ext2 (or whatever) file system, as fBSD will default to UFS instead.

mount -t ext2 /dev/wd1s4a /mnt

HTH,

James