Re: file ownership

Subject: Re: file ownership
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 19:13:42 AKDT

Jon,

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but unless you're using
Excel as a database. Wouldn't you be better off having a 'master
spreadsheet' editable by 1 person and have it linked to smaller
spreadsheets owned by the persons responsible for their contributions?

It seems like having 1 spreadsheet owned by 15 people is leading to
leaving you open to accusasions of 1 person changing anothers data.

Jim Gribbin

BTW - I would still like to know what happens to file ownership when
multiple users are editing the same file. I have almost always worked in
environments where this hasn't been an issue.