RE: XF86Config

Subject: RE: XF86Config
From: James Zuelow (jamesz@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 08:33:38 AKDT

XF86Config is in my latest Debian, OpenBSD, SuSE & RedHat installs. The
various distributions usually like to push their own config tools, and
remember that there are different config utilities for XF86 3.x and 4.x. If
you only install 4.x you may not get XF86Config, which IIRC is used for 3.x
setup. (I only have a 3.x box to look at right now, and can't remember the
4.x config utility names - I think they just use lower case letters like
xf86config or something similar.)

Cheers,

James