Re: Wireless help

Subject: Re: Wireless help
From: Jacob Gemmell (evilbob@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 13:01:27 AKDT

Avoid prism2 based cards if you can. My linksys was a pain to get running
with Linux. I had better luck getting it to run on BSD though.

Check out the Wireless HOWTO
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Wireless-HOWTO.html

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Greg Jetter wrote:

> Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 20:37:51 -0800
> From: Greg Jetter <greg@lazymountain.com>
> To: AKLUG <aklug@aklug.org>
> Subject: Wireless help
>

> I'm looking at wireless cards for my linux laptop and a wireless access
> point , any experence with using wireless and linux in the group ? What
> brand names do you recomend ? What brand names have you found work well
> with linux ?
>
> Greg

evilbob@sdf.lonestar.org

Remember, if you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day; but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.