Re: Jave RunTime

Subject: Re: Jave RunTime
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 10:40:55 AKDT

make it executable (chmod +x file.bin) and then run it as root (./file.bin)

iirc you also need to copy it to the install directory before running
it. For example, copying it to /usr will cause it to be installed in
/usr/java1.4.0 (not sure exactly what the dir will be named - something
similar to that). Then it's just a matter of adding /usr/java1.4.0/bin/
to your paths or linking from like /bin/java to /usr/java1.4.0/bin/java
(this is what I did rather than mess with paths)

Justin