Re: Java VM

Subject: Re: Java VM
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 12:47:51 AKDT

Does 'which java' or 'java -version' give you anything? If not, do you
know where you installed java to? I know on mine it put it in
/usr/local/jdk1.4.0 (or something like that) and then instead of
worrying about paths, I just made a symlink from /usr/bin/java to
/usr/local/jdk1.4.0/bin/java and it works just fine.

You should not have to do anything with ld.so.conf at all to get java to
work. If you want to mess with paths, the easiest thing to do is put
'export PATH=$PATH:<path_to_java_bin_dir_here>' into ~/.bashrc and then
restart. (There is a way to do this without restarting, but the command
is slipping my mind at the moment)

Justin