RE: apu pc's

Subject: RE: apu pc's
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 02:21:01 AKDT

Buddha writes:
> James Gibson penned:
>> If I'm remembering what Adam is thinking of (and I'm pretty
>> sure) there was a batch of equipment that came in: there were
>> two p166s I believe, one was rehab'd and given to a broke
>> college student (not me) and the other was later determined
>> to be DOA. There was also a p233 with a dead motherboard, and
>> two mini-towers; one with a socket-7 mobo sans processer, and
>> one with no mobo.
>
> I think these were dropped off by Leif S. when he cleaned a
> closet out at GCI. He's also the person that built a Smoothwall
> box that night with these parts and a couple of NICs for someone
> so if you have any questions on said hardware, ask him.

Well, not exactly "cleaned a closet out", but yes, the computers
that got donated were destined for the trash can over here.
The person who handles the desktops over here lets me know before
they get hauled to the dump, and I make sure they get recycled.

Can't answer much more than that, I'm afraid.