Re: vi

Subject: Re: vi
From: Tim Johnson (tim@johnsons-web.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 11:51:07 AKDT

Hello Adam:
    There is an excellent book on Vim called "Vi Improved" by Oalline
    from New Riders.

    If you go to http://vim.sourceforge.net/support.php
    you will see resources such as the mailing list.
    I highly recommend that list.

    From my own experience as a newbie on that mailing list:

    ==>>Remember to post questions very clearly in an organized manner
        and to include both your OS version and your Vim version (presuming
        that vim is what you are using)

    It's kind of a strict mailing list, but very helpful within parameters.
    It seems that people either love vim or hate it. You just might
    end up loving it. And if you end up comfortable with either mutt or
    pine as they integrate well with vim.

    BTW: Great email-handle. Asimov Rocks!
    -tj-

* Adam Elkins <i-robot@gci.net> [020704 23:31]: