Re: Kernel compiling and options

Subject: Re: Kernel compiling and options
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 11:22:20 AKDT

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 10:34, Mike Barsalou wrote:

> So since the suggestion was made to recreate the kernel config files for
> each new kernel (with which I happen to agree), are there any tools you
> folks are using to make this an easier transition than having to run the
> config tool and answer all the questions again?
>
> Mike

A clarification, (this may be obvious) I believe that the 'create a new
config file for each new kernel' applies to changed kernel source,
either version upgrade or patches added.If you use the same source but
want to add or subtract a module or feature there is no need to start
from scratch,with a new config file.

You only have to answer the questions for the changes though :) This is
not to time consuming if you use 'xconfig' which allows you to skip
around in the config sequence.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.