Re: tcpa/palladium

Subject: Re: tcpa/palladium
From: civileme (civileme@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 00:22:47 AKDT

On Monday 01 July 2002 08:47 pm, Jim Gribbin wrote:
> Stan sent me a link that while it doesn't actually tie into the
> Palladium stuff, it does tie into some other stuff that Cringly talks
> about in this column.
>
> http://www.billparish.com/msftfraudfacts.html
>
> Jim Gribbin
>
> On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 18:42, Andy Firman wrote:
> > Here is a follow up by Cringley on Palladium.
> > It mentions Linux and open source again.
> > This kind of power they (MS and Intel) could ultimately
> > gain is rather unsettling.
> >
> > http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20020627.html
> >
> > Andy

Obviously you need to find a copy of the FrontPage2000 End-User License
Agreement. It is a violation of that agreement to use it to make a web page
which criticizes Microsoft. Moreover you agree to abide by their judgement
of what is critical and allow a Microsoft attorney to represent you at any
legal proceedings regarding such abuse, even unto entering a plea in your
behalf. (They read the agreements friendly small loan companies use as their
stock boilerplate).

When UCITA passes in Washington State this might be a criminal act, to
violate the license agreeement by criticizing Microsoft.

You don't need Palladium to lose your freedoms. Read the EULA for any
Microsoft software you have and you will discover you already lost them. I
was one of the fools who invested in an NT Workstation and Netscape
Enterprise Server to become a Web Host who found his OS turn to dust (max 10
connections) in the blink of a Microsoft attorney's eye. Further, I had
GIVEN them the right to do that to me by agreeing to the terms of the EULA.
That was a good wake-up call for GNU/Linux.

Civileme