Re: AP-10 SCSI on RH 7.2

Subject: Re: AP-10 SCSI on RH 7.2
From: Peter Q. Olsson (olsson@koyukuk.at.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 16:07:50 AKDT

>You need to put in '/etc/modules.conf'
>
>alias scsi_hostadapter advansys
>
>Jim
>
>On Sun, 2002-06-30 at 23:37, Neil Moomey wrote:
>> It worked! Thanks! As root I added insmod advansys and my scanner is
>> detected. Using the VueScan demo I was able to scan a slide and save
>> the image. Now how do I use my scanner as a normal user, not root? I
>> want to try XSANE but it warns not to use as root and insmod does not
>> work as a non root user. I put insmod advansys in my /etc/profile but
>> that did not work.
>>
>> Neil

I know that the above alias works in '/etc/modules.conf' My question is: why?
What is going on here, anyway?

PQO

   | |
   | Dr. Peter Q. Olsson, |
   | Chief Scientist, Alaska Experimental Forecast Facility |
   | University of Alaska Anchorage |
   | 2811 Merrill Field Drive |
   | Anchorage, AK 99501 |
   | voice: (907) 264-7449 |