Re: AP-10 SCSI on RH 7.2

Subject: Re: AP-10 SCSI on RH 7.2
From: Neil Moomey (neilmoomey@gci.net)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 19:43:42 AKDT

Still no luck. SANE AND XSANE can't find any scanner. Keep in mind I
have an IDE CD-R. My SCSI adapter is for an (old) HP Photosmart Slide
Scanner. I uninstalled and re-installed the SCSI and RH 7.2 seemed to
detect it each time installing a driver for an Advance System Products
ABP940-U/ABP960-U. My SCSI card is a AP-10 SCSI PRO model SC 2477 made
by SIIG, Inc so maybe it's the wrong driver. Did SIIG buy out ASP?
Here's my output. Can I just manually add an entry in my
/proc/scsi/scsi? Thanks. - Neil

$ scanimage --list-devices

$ dmesg |grep scsi
Kernel command line: ro root=/dev/hdc2 hda=ide-scsi
ide_setup: hda=ide-scsi
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 32x/32x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
ide-scsi: The scsi wants to send us more data than expected - discarding
data
ide-scsi: transferred 5 of 6 bytes
[...]

$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: Model: CD-R/RW RW7063A Rev: 1.50
  Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02