Re: AP-10 SCSI on RH 7.2

Subject: Re: AP-10 SCSI on RH 7.2
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 09:18:07 AKDT

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 08:42, Neil Moomey wrote:

> Thanks Greg, My CD-R is IDE. The SCSI is for my slide scanner so maybe
> I need an ID 1 for the SCSI adapter. I was going to put in the RH disk
> and do an upgrade but it said I have third party software installed and
> it might cause conflicts. I think Ximian is causing that. I might get
> rid of Ximian so I can more easily upgrade my RH. Ximian servers are
> overloaded from Red Carpet updates anyways.
>
> Neil

> > On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 22:18, Neil Moomey wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to get my new SCSI card working on RH 7.2 (AP-10 SCSI
> > Pro,> Fast SCSI-2 Bus Master w/BIOS, Int-Std50/Ext-HD50). Here is
> > my output.
> > > Any ideas? Thanks. - Neil
> > >
> > > $ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> > > Attached devices:
> > > Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
> > > Vendor: Model: CD-R/RW RW7063A Rev: 1.50
> > > Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> > >

> > Change the ID of the cdrom to something other than 0 ID 0 is
> > usually a
> > boot device such as a hard drive. I believe your scsi card is
> > working or
> > you wouldn't see the device info. BTW what module does that card
> > use ?

What info about scsi does 'dmesg |grep scsi' report. I used a AP-40 card
Friday night that used the 'advansys' module.
I don't think you need to worry about ID's for the adapter, just the
devices, for the scanner something between 1-6. Make sure you have a
module loaded for the card though, 'lsmod'.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.