Re: Alaska Computer Society

Subject: Re: Alaska Computer Society
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 08:44:07 AKDT

Perhaps AKLUG should be represented to bring up the benefits Linux can
bring to a project like this..

1. Cost - Cheaper to use Linux/Mozilla/OpenOffice/etc than MS (and
others') Windows counterparts
2. No need to worry about legality of licenses
3. Able to utilize older equipment better
4. Can be configured to use KDE/Gnome for better machines and
lighter-weight WM's for older machines

What else?

Justin