Alaska Computer Society

Subject: Alaska Computer Society
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 07:49:16 AKDT

The Alaska Computer Society has told me that they are looking
recycling/re-purposing old computers as well.

Here is what Dawn Scott passed on to me:

We are planning to devote our July 11 ACS meeting to a dialog with
interested parties on how to recycle/repurpose computers. This is an
ecological issue and also a social issue, so we will have a panel of people
representing GreenStar, the Cristina Foundation/Parents Inc., and perhaps
other such as Solid Waste Services, etc. We are hoping everyone will come
who is interested in or can contribute to a solution to the ecological
problem and help provide usable computers for positive purposes. Feel free
to suggest other panel members and invite others who might be interested in
this important topic.