Re: More SCSI drives for sale

Subject: Re: More SCSI drives for sale
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 15:34:20 AKDT

I have a conditional interest in those dirves, but would like to request some
help from the crowd..

I have a server with a DAC-960 RAID controller in it. It is currently using
3 IBM DNES-309170Y 9GB SCSI hard drives. But, right now, we don't have any
spares, somewhat defeating the purpose of RAID 5. Would these drives work as
replacements? And/or would these drives work as add-ons to increase our
array size (with the requisite repartitioning, etc.)?

If the answer to these questions is yes, I might have interest in 2-5.

Thanks for your help.

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks