Re: Processor types

Subject: Re: Processor types
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 13:34:38 AKDT

In addition, the Intel series seems to be physically a little more
durable than the AMD stuff.

I saw a report on overheat tests done on both lines. The Pentium/Pentium
II's shut down when overheated, then all come back when turned off and
allowed to cool. The Pentium III's actually slowed down when overheated
then sped back up when cooling was restored. The AMD's all fried, in a
couple of cases taking the mobo with them.

I've kind of wondered if this might be part of why AMD's don't seem to
be accepted in serious server market.

Jim Gribbin